Monday, November 30, 2009

Thoughts of Thanksgiving, and a few other things.

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? I had a really nice holiday with my family. My mom allowed me to do all of the planning, and cooking, again this year. I prepared most everything in advance, then cooked it the next day, which saved a HUGE amount of time in the end! The people I babysit for were running in a race that morning, so I was able to spend a few hours with their kids! We kicked back and watched the Macy's parade. Then when I got home, Mom and I finished everything.

My Brother, Ben, and I went to see the PBR (Professional Bull Riding) in Lexington, at the Virginia Horse Center, Saturday night. It was AWESOME!!! I am not really a "sports" person... we have always watched football ( I shall not mention the team!!) and Nascar, but I get rather bored with watching guys chasing after a ball, and cars going around in circles! Now Bull riding, that's my style! You never know what the bull is going to do, or how long the rider will be able to stay on. One would think that staying on for 8 seconds would be the easiest thing in the world, but in that instant, it becomes an eternity, even for those that are watching. It is such a victory for those cowboys, when they stay on for the short, yet seemingly long 8 seconds, then jump off (or in some people's cases, fly off!) and await their score. I took quite a few pictures, unfortunatly the lighting wasn't very good (further proving that I need a detachable flash!) and my sport setting would not cooperate, so the pictures turned out pretty bad, but you'll get the idea. I hope to be posting them in the next few days, then it will be back to our regularly schedualed beach pictures!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and didn't get too trampled on black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments, so feel free to leave me some.

~Katherine~