Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is only three days away. I can hardly believe that it is already here. So, I thought that I would take a moment and write a few lines. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about it, and I have SO much to be thankful for, yet so often I take these things for granted. Sunday evening we had a service filled with songs of thanksgiving, and testimonies of praise to God. It was such a blessing, and so convicting. I was humbled by one testimony in particular, of a man giving thanks to God for his every breath...WOW! I don't think I have ever thanked God for giving me breath. I thought that I might share a few things with y'all that I am very grateful for this year.
1. My salvation...with out the Lord, I would be nothing! And it is only by His wonderful merciful grace that I am alive.
2. My family...they are everything to me, and I know that I do not tell them often enough, but I love them with my whole heart. They each have talents and gifts that make our family unique, and I love them for that.
3. My country! God has given us an amazing country, full of freedoms to make our voices heard. Unfortunately, if we don't stand up for those freedoms, and elect godly men and woman into office, we will lose them.
4. The healing that God has done to my Dad's eye! He has given him almost perfect vision in his right eye, and it has been so encouraging.
5.My church family. When we travel, we are in a lot of good churches, but there are a few that make you wonder WHY they invited you to come. It is those churches that make me appreciate my church family even more.
6. friends. God has blessed me with amazing friends, ones that i know I can go to when I need to talk or need encouragement. My friends are like family to me, and I love you all!
7. My mom. She has taken so much time to try and teach me to be a godly woman of faith, and how to be a good wife and mother one day. She has been such a good example to me, and I pray that one day, I can be just like her! I LOVE YOU MOM!
8. Our soldiers...they risk their lives everyday, for people that they don't even know. They are true red white and blue Americans, that are not afraid if they offend someone in saying so. Thank you, for serving our country so faithfully, and for putting your life on the line to protect me. I am eternally grateful to you, and for everything you do to keep our country free.
9. The Bible... the greatest love letter ever written. I often take my copy of God's word for granted, and I am very ashamed of that. There are so many people in the world who do not have a Bible, or even have one in their language. I am so very grateful for all of the men who risked their lives to transcribe the Bible.
10. last but not least...an education. I am so grateful to my parents for taking the time to homeschool my brother and I. We have seen so much of our country, and we would have never been able to experience that if we had gone to public or even Christian school.
So as you can see I have many things to be thankful for this year. I would love to hear what you are thankful for. Leave me a comment.