Friday, October 2, 2009

First Post!

Hello! This is my first post, of many to come(I hope!). I love reading other peoples blogs, and it looked like so much fun that I have decided to start my own(after the persuasion of one of my friends!) I have named it Katherine's Adventures because I travel a lot, so hopefully this will help all of you stay in contact, or at least know where I am.

I can hardly believe that it is now October. The summer went way too fast, but it was so much fun. After the Gettysburg re-enactment I went home with my friend Kelly, and spent a week with her family. We had way too much fun, and took a TON of pictures! I even was able to go to Canada (for the first time) and see Niagara Falls. It was awesome, and the falls are beautiful. I spent most of the time thinking to myself "I can't believe I'm in another country!" At the end of the week, Kelly and I flew back to Virginia, and spent another week together. We had a blast, and hopefully we can do again! At the end of July we went to Salvo, NC, in the Outer Banks, for a vacation. My adopted grandparents rented an awesome beach house, one lot back from the beach, and invited us to come for the whole week. While we were there, we went to Kill Devil Hills to see the Wright Brothers National Park. It was so cool to see where the first four flights took place. We took the ferry over to Ocracoke Island one day, and spent the whole afternoon just walking all over the island, and shopping. On the last evening at the beach, we all went to see the "Lost Colony" drama, in Manteo. It was a really good production, and we thoroughly enjoyed it, except for all of the mosquitoes! We came home thoroughly relaxed, and very refreshed.

Mom and Dad have done some traveling by themselves, while I stay home, and try to keep things in order, and Ben is off working. It's been nice to be home more, but I still love traveling!

On Wednesday, Mom, Dad and I are going on our last trip of the season. We will do our last re-enactment in Kentucky, then go to a supporting church in Ohio for a revival, and then to a church in West Virginia. By the time we get home it will be late October.

Well I think that's it for now. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon!

4 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments, so feel free to leave me some.

~Katherine~